GET VOCAL WORKSHOP 9
DATE: Saturday 17 September
WORKSHOP: 2:15pm (90mins)
VENUE: RMIT Storey Hall, Swanston Street, Melbourne
BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW
GET VOCAL WORKSHOP #9
MOVE YOUR GROUP, MOVE YOUR AUDIENCE with Zerafina Zara (AUS)
Do you find performance staging challenging? Are you having trouble maintaining energy and pitch control once you add choreography? Would you love to figure out some better stage movement and choreography for you group? Does your group just ‘park and bark’ or do your performances gain you instant new fans?
Let our resident movement coach unlock the secrets to help move your group to the next level. Whether you measure success by trophies, musical excellence, or a growing fan base, Zerafina will share her trade secrets with you to take your performance from awkward to aca-awesome!
In this workshop you will:
- Learn how to make choices for your group about use of stage space and movement to amplify meaning in your songs.
- Discover tools you can apply across a variety of songs for your group.
- Improve your awareness of how your body affects your voice and expression
- Build your performance confidence and range of choices in a fun environment.
- Improve the expression in your singing through your body and use of stage space.
- Extend your group blocking vocabulary beyond ‘semi circle’ and ‘two rows’.
This interactive workshop will see a few lucky groups selected for an on the spot masterclass, where they will receive custom advice from Zerafina.
Suitable for all styles of vocal groups from absolute beginners to advanced.
LEARN MORE ABOUT Zerafina Zara
There’s plenty of amazing opportunities for you and your group to take your aca-skills up a notch. Check out our full workshop schedule below:
THURSDAY 15 SEPTEMBER
- 1:00-3:00pm – #1 PERFECTLY PITCHED PARTS with our Panel of Pros (USA/AUS)
*NB: This workshop is for School Students only
FRIDAY 16 SEPTEMBER
- 9:00-10:15am – #2 ARRANGING FOR A CAPPELLA with Johanna Vinson (USA)
- 10:30-11:45am – #3 PLANNING FOR ACA-SUCCESS with Johanna Vinson (USA)
- 12:45-2:15pm – #4 MASTERCLASSES with Johanna Vinson (USA)
- 3:00-5:00pm – #5 PERFECTLY PITCHED PARTS with our Panel of Pros (USA/AUS)
SATURDAY 17 SEPTEMBER
- 9:00-10:30am – #6 TUNE YOUR ENGINE with Ian Nisbet (AUS)
- 10:45-12:15pm – #7 BASS AND BEATS with Johanna Vinson (USA)
- 12:30-2:00pm – #8 TAG-ALONG with Hi-Jinx (AUS)
- 2:15-3:45pm – #9 MOVE YOUR GROUP, MOVE YOUR AUDIENCE with Zerafina Zara (AUS)
- 4:00-5:30pm – #10 ALL IN, COLLAB & SING with our Panel of Pros (USA/AUS)
FURTHER DETAILS: Click on the workshop or the name of the presenter to learn more.