EVENT: GET VOCAL Workshop #10 All In, Collab and Sing
DATE: Saturday 17 September
VENUE: RMIT Storey Hall – Swanston Street, Melbourne
BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW
Amelia Alder is a passionate performer, experienced and energetic music educator and vocal director. With a BMus (Hons) in Performance, a Grad.Dip.Ed (Music) and an Australian Kodaly Certificate in Music Education, Amelia has directed vocal groups at numerous schools, universities and organisations, currently teaches at Caulfield Grammar School, is a vocal tutor and conductor for Young Voices of Melbourne, YVMen and Exaudi Youth Choir.
Amelia co-founded Vocal Australia and GET VOCAL Festival with Chris Blain in 2009. As Vocal Australia’s Director, Amelia also founded AUSACA Australian A Cappella Awards and PLAY: AUS/NZ A Cappella Recording Awards.
Starting violin at three years of age with the Suzuki and Kodaly methods, Amelia has a strong association with many music associations throughout Australia. Along with her performances as a sessional musician (singer, violinist and conductor), Amelia has recorded and toured extensively as a singer and vocal tutor with the following internationally acclaimed vocal groups:
- All female a cappella quartet Vocal Folds 4. Alto, founding member, arranger and manager (’05-’10)
- Nationally auditioned contemporary a cappella ensemble The Australian Voices (’02-’08) directed by Stephen Leek
- Young Voices of Melbourne (’93-now)
- Founder, manager and alto for contemporary a cappella band Fixate (’12)
- Ooolation. With Malcolm Dalglish (USA) and Moira Smiley (USA)
With performances on film, TV and numerous live broadcasts for radio, Amelia has recorded over 30 CDs as a singer and violinist. For the past 15 years she has also worked for Major Events Production Crews (Kerrie Hayes Productions) on over 40 shows presenting the On-Field Pre-Entertainment for major sporting events throughout Australia including the AFL Grand Final, the Grand Prix, and Stage manager for the Moomba Parade and the Commonwealth Games Arts Festival.
Amelia has completed the Soup2Nuts A Cappella Recording Course in USA with Grammy Award Winner Bill Hare and Deke Sharon, was Head Judge for the 2012 Singapore International A Cappella Competition, producer for SING 10 International A Cappella Compilation Album (CASA), was both a Nominator and a Judge for the 2013-2015 CARAs (International Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards), presented a session on Global A Cappella at SoJam (CASA Festival USA), is the Australian ambassador for CASA(Contemporary A Cappella Society of America) and has lectured the Kodaly Teacher Training course for Secondary School teachers.
Some of her performance highlights include:
- Take 6 International A Cappella Contest – Grand Prize Winners ’10
- Multiple Gold Medals at the World Choir Games ’06
- Extensive touring throughout Australia, Asia, America, Europe, Guatemala and South Africa
- Festivals: Deutsche Sangerbund Chorfest, Taipei International Choral Festival, Prague International Music Festival, American Choral Directors Conference, Enclave International Festival, International Society of Music Educators, Festival of Voices, National Folk Festival, Port Fairy Folk Festival, ANCA Choralfest and the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony.